Custom Apparel for Golf Outings: What to Know
Do you need to plan a golf outing or tournament for your employer, a community association, or another organization? Take a look at what you should know about custom apparel and what it can do for your event.
Why Choose Custom Apparel for Your Golf Outing?
Have you booked the course, rented out a room at the clubhouse, and approved the catering menu? Why do you need to go one step farther and design custom apparel for your golf outing?
While apparel isn’t a necessity, this add-on outing option is:
- A personalized gift. Give your employees, members, or guests a gift to take home. Put the apparel into a gift bag, hand it out as everyone registers for the event, or gift guests as they leave the outing.
- A potential prize. Trophies aren’t the only prizes to give out during or after your golf outing. Custom apparel is the perfect prize for a raffle or other mid-outing activity.
- A way to advertise. Your guests won’t only wear the apparel at the outing. Add your logo to the items as a way to market your company, organization, or cause.
Along with these reasons to create custom golf outing apparel, a personalized option is a wearable keepsake. Your guests will have something tangible to remember a fun-filled day of golf and more.
What Type of Custom Apparel Should You Choose?
There’s no universal or standard answer to this question. Your company or organization has plenty of options to choose from. The top picks include:
- Custom printed shirts. A custom t-shirt is an easy way to celebrate the day with a personalized take-away. Not only are tees a lower cost option, but this type of apparel also provides a blank canvas to add your own design or logo.
- Custom polo shirts. If you don’t want a full-coverage design, a polo shirt is the ideal option. Personalize the polo with a smaller logo or add your event’s details to the back. Compared to a t-shirt, a polo is a dressed-up choice. This makes it ideal for corporate or more formal events.
- Custom embroidered hats. You don’t have to give your guests clothing to take home. A hat combines form and function, giving your guests something to keep the sun out of their eyes as they golf.
- Custom towels. Personalize smaller-sized golf towels with your logo or organization’s name.
You don’t need to choose one apparel item over the other. Consider a combination – such as a gift bag filled with shirts (tees and polos) and topped with a hat.
How Should You Customize Your Outing Apparel?
Custom apparel offers a way to personalize items for your golf outing and get creative. The specific way you customize each item and the design you choose depends on:
- The type of item. Again, a polo shirt doesn’t provide the same larger full-coverage (chest area) space that a t-shirt does. Instead, you may only want to add a logo, date, name, or design on one side at the top of the chest or under the shoulder area.
- The advertising. If the golf outing shirts or hats double as an ad for your company, make the business name or logo prominent.
- The event. Do you want to highlight the event’s name, the date, or a cause? The design you choose should highlight the golf outing. This helps you to create a keepsake for your employees or golf guests.
Before you choose a design or personalization, discuss the custom options with the printing contractor. The professional printers can provide specifications and other similar details.
Are you ready to create custom t-shirts, polos, or hats for your next golf outing? Contact U Logo Up for more information.